Thursday, October 8, 2009

"S" is for Down syndrome

Strength

Quite a simple word, but not always easy to have strength in life. Life can throw a lot at us at various times, but at no time is it more challenging than with raising children. By far, raising kids is the most rewarding experience I've ever been blessed to have the opportunity to do. However, at no time in my life have I had to be stronger at certain points than I have been with raising our kids.

Kids challenge, question, fight, learn...then challenge, question, fight, and learn all over again. It's a never ending process and sometimes it can take all the strength in the world to try and remain calm and encouraging during difficult times.

This evening I am reminded of finding that inner strength in order to continue to help our children grow and develop--keeping in mind all the while, that my wife and I are not trying to raise perfect kids. We are merely trying to raise our children to be respectful, honest, giving, and loving people. People, who when they are older and reflect back on their lives can say to themselves "as much as a pain in the behind my parents were/are, they are the inspiration for how I want my child to grow up and be." (or something along those lines)

No comments:

Post a Comment