Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Inspired

As I sit here writing this during lunch, I find myself reflecting on my life.....the past months have not been the easiest--learning about Camden's extra chromosome earlier this year, followed by a diagnosis on my Dad's health and numerous other things that have kept life very hectic.

As I reflect back over the course of this year, it would be extremely easy to wallow in sadness for all of the events that haven't quite played out as one would've hoped. But I'm trying to be a better person, for the sake of my kids (Reagan (12), Jacob (closing in on 10), and Camden (a solid 3 months).

I find such inspiration in thinking of them and looking into their eyes and seeing all the excitement and happiness and purity that only children seem to have. As we continue to grow and get older, we all seem to lose the resilience we had as kids--dreaming that anything is possible, no matter how unrealistic it may be. I am truly thankful that my kids help to inspire me and keep me grounded, without them even realizing it--that's the sign of true inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment